Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Topic Tuesday: Pile of Books

What is in your pile of reading material on your bed side table?

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I took a picture but I don't think I can post it here. I've been tearing out articles I want to read from lots of magazines in the hope that I can read them on our upcoming trip to Italy. I have about 3 inches of papers of that.

    Then there are two journals that I found upstairs. There are lots of quotations I've collected over the years and I want to put some on my blog.

    Alarm clock, cup of water, baby monitor, highlighter, pen, Dove chocolate wrappers (my downfall).

    Digital photography book from the library. Literary magazine (Southern Review). Rome guidebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I just realized my bedside table is almost overflowing. Currently, A Tree Grows is open with it's spine all broken (I never use a book mark!) and Faye Kellerman's The Quality of Mercy is right below it as the other book I'm currently reading.

    Then I have The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I read it recently and plan to re-read it immediately. It was great!

    Less exciting is my manual for my Nikon D7000 and the warning I got for going *slightly* over the speed limit in my neighborhood (3 MILES OVER!!! Is that really worth a stop?!?)

    Then I have You Are My I Love You, Guess How Much I Love You and The Jesus Storybook Bible - all of Larkin's bedtime favorites.

    In the top drawer is Rainer Maria Rilke's Letter to a Young Poet and my Bible - two that I never let get too far from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book currently on my bedside table is Cortical Visual Impairment: A Guide to Assessment and Intervention. Sounds thrilling, huh? ha! I really never read more than one book at a time- I do read blogs in the middle of the night on my phone though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which I am very much enjoying but reading slowly. Playful Parenting, and my journal. Also a parenting magazine and Oprah. I have to have a lot of stuff to read or else I go into a panic. And unless something is a page turner and I can't put it down I flip between books depending on my mood when I get into bed at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two baby books that I need to work on. I am so behind on them. A journal, my I Pad with a Tree Grows in Brooklyn on it. Really enjoying it... And American magazines that I can't part with:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Tree Grows, a book on healthy sleep habits for babies (that didn't work for me - perhaps I should have actually finished the book), Same Kind of Different As Me (which I have yet to read), and a stack of Country Living and Parents magazines.

    ReplyDelete