Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Topic Tuesday: In the home

Let's go light this week...what is the one thing in your home that you could not live without? Appliance? Tool? Chocolate?

Oh and for my own personal gain, how does everyone clean their floors? Wood, tile and what vacuum do you have for your carpet? Our new house is all wood and tile down, and using the broom to sweep just seems so last year...anyone have anything better?

7 comments:

  1. Hmm. That's a tricky one. I love this blanket I've had since I was 9. Also, books and magazines.

    I love the Bona system to clean floors. I use the duster on all our floors instead of sweeping, and then the spray cleaner with cloth on the laminate floors. For the tile, the housekeeper uses Fabuloso. I have the Dyson vacuum for the rest.

    P.S. Sorry I didn't respond to last week's feminist question. Time got away from me. I agree with what you girls said though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing in my house I couldn't live without is definitely my computer- I'd be lost and disconnected without it.

    I have the Dyson pet hair vacuum which I use almost daily for everything- rugs, wood, tile, and the the Swiffer wet jet for the wood and tile. I wish I had something cheaper though- I know they make that swiffer-like thing that you can use your own cleaner- but it's around $20, so I haven't bought it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally could not live without my computer, I touch and cell phone. I have all three near me all the time. I also love lysol cleaner wipes and baby wipes are in every room of my house..
    For the floor, in Texas I used the Shark. It was great with got it with a coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It works great..
    and here I have a Dyson for both floors..
    I love chocolate but surprisingly I don't eat much of it here.. but I do have chocolate crossiants once a week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my thing would be the microwave. I marvel at it numerous times a day as I use it, and then think about the women before us who had to cook 21 meals a week without it. Whoa!!

    Thanks for all the floor info, appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Elizabeth on this one....I could not live without my computer. Sad that I'm so addicted. If I'm away from email even for a few hours, I begin to panic. What if there is an important message I'm missing out on? Pathetic. My husband wants to get me an iPhone, but I think that would just contribute too much to my addiction. ha!

    I also couldn't live without my video monitor. With Sadie being upstairs, I can't just peak in on her whenever I want to, so I rely on the monitor to see what she's up to.

    My housekeeper swears by PineSol and Orange Glo for the hardwood and tile. I have a bagless vacuum and just had to take it to the shop - it was clogged. The repair guy said that he hates bagless vacuums. He told me the vacuum that housekeepers are always using is Eureka Boss. Runs about $98. He said that if they use theirs multiple times a day and say they're the best, then they probably know. I asked for other recommendations, and that's the only one he would talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci-If your husband wants to buy you an Iphone, I say GET IT!!! :o) I am so jealous, we are on sprint, or else I would totally have one. I was just thinking the other day that my phone with email, facebook etc is like my mobile office, bc I can check it here and there (yes at times too much) throughout the day, but sitting at a computer has gotten hard, I often don't get to one until well, now...at night when the girls are both asleep. I think I need an Ipad. :o) heehee. Michael has one...think I can make a case that we need two in the family? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH yes. I didn't think of that as an answer. When Hannah was born, Brian gave me an article about how the iphone is a mom's best assistant. I got one and it was so true!

    ReplyDelete