What did YOU do during naptime today? Was there even a naptime?
Expanding a bit further, what do you usually try and do? Race around the house like a mad woman? Clean? Cook? Check email? Relax? Catch up on your shows on the DVR? Just thought it would be fun to get a little insight into everyone's day!
God bless naptime! I would not make it through the day otherwise. Yeah, I do race around straightening from our morning and getting ready for the afternoon. I do dishes, put a load of laundry in, make a few calls if necessary (today I called the IRS because we got a letter for someone else and it looks rather important), sweep the kitty litter yet again, check e-mails, read blogs, and edit photos. There are days when I absolutely must get some sleep too, but I usually take a long time to fall asleep and finally drift off right when Hannah wakes up. It's never long enough!
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched TV in oh so long. I have all these DVR'd shows to catch up on but that's the last thing I think to do.
Well, Sadie decided to take a really early nap, so I ate lunch in peace during naptime today. I'm praying that she takes another nap this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteWhat do I usually do.....sit in front of the computer for a while, laundry, get dressed to run errands as soon as naptime is over, sit in front of the computer some more..... And occasionally I treat myself to a nap too. Wish I could do that more often!
Ok, I'll go first since I have a minute to sit down. Today during nap time I cooked like mad, I made a new recipe that was rather step intense and I know there is no way I can get it done in time for dinner starting at 4pm with le bebe. So now the dish is prepared, and sitting in the fridge waiting to be popped in the oven at 5. I am also doing laundry and cleaning up said cooking mess in the kitchen. Now I sit...whoo hoo!!
ReplyDeleteMost days I try and do just that, some work, some relaxation. Some days I get it all done, others, one girl wakes up just as I sit down. Some days they don't nap at the same time...and then I get nothing done...and my sanity slowly slips out the front door. BUT the last few days have been good, both have been taking an afternoon nap.
Also, wanted to talk about YESTERDAY'S nap time, it was so great, it was what sparked this idea for conversation. I got so much done, but with stuff I wanted. I prepped dinner, but then retreated to my craft room and created. Ahh...the joy and happiness I felt. Man it was great. It was a good good thing!!!
Depends on the day. Most days I use the time reading/writing blogs, some days I clean, and some days I do my client postcards for Waggin' Tails. Before I was staying home, I was afraid I would watch too much TV during the day, but I rarely turn it on. Since G goes to bed so early, I'm usually able to watch my shows when they air. I really need to start using the time more wisely- keeping caught up on housework and planning dinner.
ReplyDeleteI should do a better job of preparing menus in advance so I'll know what I'm cooking each day and can get started during naptime. However, I hate coming up with things to cook. i am so not creative. Perhaps we should start sharing interesting/easy recipes that we have!
ReplyDeleteMy fantasy: have my personal masseuse over at least once a week, my personal manicurist also. Put on lovely music, do something creative... while my daily housekeeper does everything else.
ReplyDeleteSo I'm in this Bible study where they do a cooking demonstration first and then we eat what we cook after our study. I've gotten some great recipes I'll share...today the topic was "loving your children" so the meal was kid friendly- we made dinosaur shaped calzones...so cute and yummy too!
ReplyDeleteNap time? What is this nap time you speak of? Larkin isn't much of a napper (usually three mini naps - about 20-30 minutes - throughout the day) so I usually grab a desperate bite to eat and throw a load of laundry in before he wakes up, maybe do a quick kitchen clean up. And, of course, check my Facebook to remind me that there IS still a world out there. Thank God in heaven that my husband is the family chef, otherwise we'd probably all go hungry before I got to make dinner. If we had a rough night, I just curl up in my bed next to L and sleep with him!
ReplyDeleteSarah, I remember those days. Nonstop. It'll get better, I promise!
ReplyDeleteSarah, I agree with Naomi. It will get better. Believe me, I went through the same thing with my little one and can totally relate. It was exhausting - both physically and emotionally. But just within the last couple of weeks, something has clicked, and naps and nighttime are wonderful! I pray the same happens for you and your baby....soon!
ReplyDeleteFor sure let's share recipes. I would love that. I hate when I get in a rut and serve my family tacos once a week. I am fining that if I can get most of the meal made while they sleep, I am much calmer during the 5:00 hour when they are melting and I need to cook. Michael is easy going about it all, but part of me feeling in order and that I am in control of my life is cooking for my family.
ReplyDeleteSarah, ditto ditto ditto, it will get better. Tessa, my oldest, was a TERRIBLE sleeper and napper, never good as a baby, but she turned out to be a great one, it will settle in for sure.
This was so fun ladies...I am sure we will hear from Amanda while we sleep (they are 6 hours ahead). I have enjoyed learning a little bit about your day!
For sure let's share recipes.
ReplyDeleteI am sooo tired today, so I am going to try and nap for 20 minutes while both kids are napping.. Rarely does that happen.. Emma and Carter are both not so great sleepers.. Both early risers and I am not which makes for a cranky morning until a few cups of coffee...
During my nap time when I am not napping I try to clean up and do laudry for a few minutes. I try to call family and friends for few minutes if they are up and then just sit down a veg out in front of tv and watch a few minutes of some taped shows. I need to tape all my shows here since they are on in the middle of the night. Right now, I can't seem to tear myself away from Real Housewives.. It makes me feel like I am not in Scotland:)
I dream that someday I will have two hours during the kids nap time to prepare dinner, clean up, nap, read, blog, make lists and get some art projects set up for Emma, teach myself to sew and work on baby books. I keep hoping some day I will have more time. Plus, I am so tired at night that I almost go to bed when the kids go to bed. Little Carter has been not sleeping well and waking up a lot at night. He just got a tooth so I am thinking that is the reason, but I am ready for some sleep..
p.s. I dislike cooking too.. I like 5 ingredients or less and 20 minutes or less and crock pot recipes the best.. If it were up to me, we would have pancakes and grilled cheese for dinner all the time:)
ReplyDelete