Just for fun, what are you cooking for dinner this week? Anything new? Tried and true favorites? If you make anything that is so yummy and must be shared, email it or a link to me and I will go back and post for everyone, as I know it is tough to type too much in the comments section. Maybe we can get some new ideas again!!
Ok, I'll go first, maybe not such a good topic after all...if anyone has anything fun to talk about let me know. I just think it is fun to touch base between book club meetings.
ReplyDeleteThis week we had chicken and baked zucchini fries, which were a new recipe and very good. Tonight was garlic spaghetti with salmon, then a new recipe tomorrow, Black Bean Casserole and Friday will be roast chicken, gumbo rice, and challah. So all is all, a pretty good week over here...not a taco in sight...which is my usual go to meal when I have no plan. :o)
I was just about to post when your message popped up, Erin!
ReplyDeleteTonight we had this: Southwest Chicken Skillet - a Lawry's seasoning packet http://www.lawrys.com/Products/Seasoning-Mixes/Southwest-Chicken-Skillet.aspx It was very easy. I wanted it to taste like a Chipotle burrito bowl, but it didn't. It was still good, though.
Last night was Crockpot Bacon and Cheese Chicken: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-bacon-and-cheese-chicken.html
I really liked the flavor, but it was salty. And I only used a fraction of the amount of bacon it called for. Another very easy recipe, and I served it with mashed potatoes like the picture shows. I would make it again.
As for tomorrow night....who knows?!
My summer reprieve from cooking is coming to an end, I guess. I live down the street from Central Market right now so I have been using their prepared foods and salad bar a lot. Tonight I made the veggies and the rice and just heated up their pecan chicken. I can't wait to use my crockpot again though. It's in storage...
ReplyDelete