I just finished Sing You Home, by Jodi Picoult, and loved it.
I know, I know. Jodi Picoult. Honestly, I love most of her books, but they were getting a bit tedious what with someone dying at the end of every.single.book. But, SPOILER ALERT- no one dies at the end of this one. Happy day.
I really thought the story was engaging and I love a good controversial topic (gay marriage and embryo adoption). I have really been struggling personally with my own beliefs on homosexuality, which are tending to contradict the teachings of my religion. Another SPOILER ALERT- this book doesn't exactly paint Christians in the best light, but JP does present both sides of the argument pretty well.
The book didn't exactly help clear up my struggles on the issue, but neither did the sermon I heard on Sunday about it either (weeiirrrd how reading this and hearing that coincided on the same week!).
Anyway, if you are looking for a fast, easy, engaging read, I recommend it!
Yay! So happy to hear this is a good book since it's on my nightstand ready to be read. Well, after I finish my current book. And then after I read One Sunday Morning!
ReplyDeleteGlad it was good, I am looking forward to reading, have it on my library list. I have not read her in a long while, and am ready to...was feeling as though each book was the same, but after a break, excited to read her again...she always does such an amazing job.
ReplyDelete