In honor or Naomi being in Italy right now, let's talk travel. Do you enjoy traveling? Have you traveled a little? A lot? Favorite destination you have ever been to? Top places on your list of where to go? And for extra fun, did you take a Honeymoon? Where did you go?
I love to travel, and Michael and I made sure we did a lot of it before we had kids, since we expected it to happen as it has, that we have not traveled much since the girls were born. My favorite place ever is Italy, I spent part of a summer studying abroad in college and LOVED it. Would go back any time, any day. I have actually never been to London and would love to go there, as well as South America. But really, I am happy to travel anywhere.
ReplyDeleteWe went to St. Lucia for our Honeymoon, and it was lovely. beautiful island and resort, it as a great time!
woo hoo! Travel! I love it! There are so many places I want to go. I want to tour Europe. I went several years ago to Ireland, Scotland, and London, but I was with a tour group and didn't get to enjoy everything as much as I would have liked. It was too fast-paced. I want to go back with Kris someday.
ReplyDeleteWe've been to both the east and west coast, and I've decided that I like the east coast better.
We have not been disappointed with our Canadian travels. It started when we went to Banff and Lake Louise for our honeymoon. Since then we've been to Victoria and Vancouver also. Our last trip was to Prince Edward Island. We absolutely fell in love with the land, so we plan on going back to Nova Scotia possibly this summer.
I love to travel, but unfortunately I married a man who HATES to fly. I was planning to drag him around some before the little one surprised us, but as soon as Larkin is old enough I plan for all three of us to hit the road.
ReplyDeleteI spent two years in high school living in Australia, and it is the most amazing place on Earth. We lived on the Sunshine Coast, just off the Great Barrier Reef, but we travel all over the country. If money weren't an issue, I'd spend my years split between here and there.
Otherwise, my travels include most of the US and Canada. As a kid, my parents used to drag my brother and I along on road trips across America. I'm still not sure how we all managed to survive those road trips.
My husband planned our honeymoon, and my two requirements were: a beach, and I didn't have to do ANYTHING. So we went to an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. The trip was a bit of a nightmare, but the resort was wonderful and a very nice way to relax from our insane wedding.
My dream trips include London, Ireland, Greece and Spain.
Sounds like everyone wants to come to the UK, come and visit me:) Book club in Scotland:)
ReplyDeleteWell travel for me is a funny situation.. I hate flying, traveling and staying in hotels and double that with kids...,but I have to do it since I am living here for two years...
I have been to Cancun for high school graduation, Puerto Vallerta, Hawaii for our honeymoon and Singapore for 6 weeks after we got engaged since Matt was working there..
We have traveled a bit since living in Scotland, but we are taking a break for awhile since so hard to travel with two... While here though, I really want to go to Italy, Paris, London, Spain, Ireland. Not sure how we will get it all done..
In the states, I have visited North Carolina,Nevada New York, Virginia, Illinois, Arizona, Texas and Cali... Miss San Diego sooo much.. Would move there if I could.
Visited Oregon on my searching for college tour and then Washington State..
Sorry I'm commenting a bit late- we have been on the go ALL DAY.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how to answer this. Traveling is not one of my favorite things to do, but I have great memories of certain trips. I just HATE packing and the hassle of airports. And I really like to sleep in my own bed.
However, I have family all over the country, and I do enjoy traveling to see them. And I will go to NYC any day- I love it. I have no desire to go to Europe (you may all gasp in horror now).
For our honeymoon, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Antigua- it was a lot of fun.
FROM NAOMI-she is having internet issues in Italy and lost a huge post, so she emailed this to me....enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI think we forgot the inconveniences of travel once we reach our destination. I thought I'd never forget the 9 hours I spent trapped like a sardine next to this guy who kept leaning into me in his sleep, but now that I'm at this resort in Sardinia, I don't care anymore. :) Sarah, I think your husband must remember those things.
I've been to Israel, Mexico, Canada. We love Vancouver Island and spent a week before Hannah was born just driving to the different towns and taking long walks. We'd love to go to Australia and were planning on doing that for our 10 year anniversary, but that is in November and now we don't think we can leave Hannah for that long. Maybe someday. We like eastern Canada too... been to Niagara on the Lake for the Shaw festival twice.
B and I took a Mediterranean cruise a few years ago and saw Paris, Barcelona, Villefranche, Amalfi Coast, Corfu, Rome, Tuscany, Venice.
I traveled abroad my junior year for comparative literature in London. Spent weekends in Edinborough, Paris, Wales, the Cotswolds, Bath, etc. Afterwards, traveled around Spain, France, and Italy with someone I met on the trip.
We spent our honeymoon at an all-inclusive in Cancun. Not exciting, but calm and enjoyable.
It's great hearing where you all have been!
Amanda, I had no idea you spent time in Singapore! How cool. I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't go, besides anything dangerous, obviously.
Well this was so fun to read! I also agree that Canada is beautiful, been there a few times, only in summer, and it is so lovely. So close too...hmm, putting it on my list of where to go again. We also did a Mediterranean cruise, which I HIGHLY recommend, we did Greece, Romania, and Venice Italy, what a neat way to see a part of the world I would possibly never see...and building on that, we took that cruise before kids and with 3 other couples, which was an awesome way to cruise, always someone to do what you want, great group dynamic but also able to be alone as couples. Maybe we should take a Disney cruise all together in a few years. :o)
ReplyDeleteMy family went on the Disney Cruise (the maiden voyage actually) right after I graduated high school- it was so fun. I think we should do it- great idea E!
ReplyDeleteHave you heard that the Disney Cruiseline is going to start sailing out of Galveston in 2012? I think it's next year.
ReplyDelete