Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fun: Recipe Swap

Hi Ladies-

I know we all are in a food rut, so how about a recipe swap? Let's make it easy, by the time you go to bed tonight (Friday, 5/20) either post in comments or email me one of your family's favorite recipes and I will post here in a new tab. This way we will have 5 new recipes to put into rotation, and perhaps remember one of our own that we have not made in a while!

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. GREAT idea Erin! I am going grocery shopping this afternoon, so this will be great to have some ideas to shop for!

    I will email Erin the recipe for Apricot and Almond Stuffed chicken breast

    Sarah and I took a Bible study this spring and each week they had a cooking class and then we ate the meal. This was one of the meals and I made it a few weeks ago- super easy and yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your e-mail, Erin, so I'll just post here. My recipe is gluten free (I have celiac disease), but could be made non-gluten free easily with regular flour and bread crumbs. The nice thing about this recipe is that it can often be made with stuff you already have around the house (you don't have to use a rotisserie chicken, you could just chop up some chicken breasts or whatever is in your freezer - I'm just lazy!) It makes a ton and is great for leftovers!

    CHICKEN VEGGIE CHEESE CASSEROLE

    1 rotisserie chicken, chopped or pulled apart
    1 cup cooked rice (cooked in gluten free chicken broth)
    1 bag frozen vegetables (we use Pictsweet’s Summer Vegetable mix), pre-cooked
    2 Tablespoons of butter
    2 Tablespoons of rice flour
    Salt (to taste)
    Pepper (to taste)
    1 1/2 cups of milk
    1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs for topping (we use Rice Chex, seasoned)
    1/4 slivered almonds for topping

    Directions:

    Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, salt, and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until bubbly and foamy. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened. Stir in the shredded cheese. Place the rice, chicken, and veggies in a casserole dish and pour the white sauce over the top. Spread the breadcrumbs and slivered almonds over the top. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting this started, Erin. Let me think of something good and I'll post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so this is fun already! I have posted what people have sent me. All look delicious to me! Still working on the formatting of the page, I'll tweak it later. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- everything looks so delicious! Thanks so much girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, am I missing something? I only see one recipe from Sara.....where are the others?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added a new page to the blog. Look under the header and next to home, there is one that says recipe box. They are all listed on there, in a list of sorts.

    ReplyDelete