Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with this book. Questions will go up in about a week on the 15th. I just finished the book a few nights ago and think it will spark some wonderful discussion. On the topic of discussions, if anyone has any ideas to make them more fluid or interesting, let me know.
Thanks-
Huge apologies, gals. I am in over my head right now and so I haven't read the book and there's not much chance I'm going to be getting to the library this week. I am totally into our discussions though and will follow along this time rather than contribute. I'm always interested in hearing what each of you thinks of our books. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't put the book down, trying to read it any chance I get:) Looking forward to discussing..
ReplyDeleteI love the book! I am 3/4 finished and don't want it to end! She is such a great writer- I have NO idea what really happened to that girl-aaa! Can't wait to discuss. I think I am reading this book differently and sympathizing with Jacob so much more so than I would had a read it a year ago (prior to having Grayson).
ReplyDelete"Unfortunately", I am caught up in The Help right now. I am a slow reader and don't find much time to sit with a book, so I have not read House Rules yet. I plan on getting around to it eventually, though, since I've heard so many great things about it. Glad to know that the rest of you are also enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteWell, and I think we can come up with some great discussion topics that even those that haven't read can join in on.
ReplyDeleteTraci, I'm in The Help also! My MIL loaned it to me this weekend and I didn't mean to start it but now I can't put it down! I'm hoping House Rules will be at the library today though.
ReplyDeleteThe Help was a great great book!! I read it a while ago, now I can't wait to see the movie! Good idea Elizabeth, I will look for questions that can also be just topics, and not necessarily specific to the book. As with any book she has written, there are plenty of interesting ideas and talking points in a global setting, not just specific to the story. Looking forward to discussing.
ReplyDeleteThe Help was a great book, and the movie was good too. Just finished House Rules.. Can't wait to discuss...
ReplyDelete